Friday 16 September 2011

story 4.3

Bobbi paid more attention to the kid in front of her.

"You look familiar. Where have we met?" she asked the young squirt.

"You may remember me from such encounters as by my letterbox," he reminded her.

"Your letterbox?"

"Yes, you helped me by giving me the mail. You said you wanted to sleep."

"Oh yea that's right. Glad I could help."

"Thank you for that. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes I did. Amazing what one can do with a nice smooth bed."

He nodded earnestly. "I agree. Lumpy beds are very hard. As it is, I have difficulty sleeping longer than thirty minutes at a stretch."

Bobbi raised an eyebrow skeptically. "That would be very tough."

The kid sighed. "Yes, it's a harsh life. But there you go."

"Where do you go?"

"We're planning to go visit my cousins!" he exclaimed excitedly.

"That's an adventure in the planning," she said.

"Maybe. I'm very excited. Brisbane Brisbane Bris-bane!" he chanted. He jumped about. "Brisbane Brisbane Bris-bane!" He pumped his fists in the air. "Brisbane!" he roared.

"I hesitate to mention," Bobbi began, "but do you think you will be able to sleep on your trip?"

"Huh?"

"Well...what with your having difficulties sleeping for longer than thirty minutes in a go..."

"Ah. I don't know anything about that." He paused thoughtfully. "We'll deal with it when it happens!" he declaimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment