Thursday 12 September 2013

MS Access: Really Basics - Use a form to update multiple tables

So at work I am learning something new about Microsoft Access Database. I want to use 1 form to update at least 2 tables, and there are 3 tables involved all together.

For the past 2 and a half hours I've learned that my form needed to be have Recordset Type = Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates). For a majority of this time I've been searching and puzzling about where I can find this property so that I can change it.

Some links I've tried (not including my google searches):

I've even tried video tutorials, but I didn't have any luck.

No where did they tell me the most simplest thing: 
  1. In the form, go to Design view.
  2. Right-click, to select Property Sheet.
  3. The Selection Type should equal Form; this can be chosen in the drop-down menu below the words 'Selection Type'.
  4. In the Data tab, in the second row, is the form property "Recordset Type". And in the column next to it, I can choose "Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)". 
  5. Yay!
Yes, I'm a total n00b.

No comments:

Post a Comment