Saturday 16 May 2009

Diary: May 16, 2009

Last night I had quite a lovely time visiting my sister. We (husband and I) arrived, et some cookies and bread bits with dip, and chatted about this and that. Someone reminded tha' group we still had dinner and birthday cake to fit in. A lot of nobbit interesting but you had to be there. The cookies and bread and dip were very delicious...we sorta pigged out.

Then she suggested games, which I wasn't up to but husband said "Munchkin". Eh well as the visit was to celebrate his birthday just been, I acceeded to his request.

An' we started play at 6. -Ish. Small-end stuff as we open doors an' pick what-not. Small fry as allies insisted on treasure for their assistance; this sorta bargain was refused many times.

It carried thru' dinner, then American Idol (as we denigrated the American choice of one of the last pair of competitors).

MK: I'm going to write a letter to the American people!

SA: Yeah that'd be great! "I don't care about Guantanamo, but you voted for the wrong Idol guy and now I'm mad!"

I like Simon Cowell -- dam' honest guy, a real straight-talker. Calls a spade a spade when it's deserved, and not afraid to call a spade a shovel when it's needed.

Munchkin carried on after American Idol.

Stuff happened. Battles were almost won, but mostly lost by those players Level 8 or higher. Many times.

As a Thief class, I had much fun stealing items but mostly getting whacked and losing levels as a consequence. My best steal was the Kneepads of Allure(tm) however my most accomplished theft was Spiked Codpiece(tm).

M'sister won, and it was a magnificent victory -- if only because we were at the end of the deck and night and patience and alertness.

Close of game is recorded at 12.20am.

Then husband and I came home and conked into bed. ObBedtime reading: Order of the Stick (husband got the series to date as a birthday present from moi).

No comments:

Post a Comment