Tuesday 2 August 2011

2 August 2011: excerpt

7mo Atilla pulled a face at me this morning.

Husband held Atilla on his lap, and the grown-ups were chatting away. Then all of a sudden Atilla's lower lip extended towards his right.

I was very taken aback. I stared.

He did it again. I remonstrated reflexively.

Husband twisted his head down to look at Atilla. The babe was the picture of innocence.

'Who, me?' his wide-eyed gaze protested maternal accusations.

We ignored Atilla for a bit.

Atilla pulled his lip again, and the tip of his tongue stuck out for good measure.

Well, I thought, not every baby can do that controllably.

"Well done Atilla," I congratulated him.

It's a shame we didn't have a camera ready. No saying when I'll be privileged to be targeted by a baby making faces at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment